Community, Events & Volunteering
I love helping students have wonderful experiences during their time here at Surrey Union. Be that eating at our Thursday Market each week in term, going to our incredible two day outdoor festival event Free Fest each May by the lake, ensuring you get incredible deals and freebies from Dominos or other major brand who visit our campus each year and most importantly providing hundreds of volunteering opportunities to help make you more employable each year. If it brings you together, helps you meet new people and make friends for life, it’s usually something I have had a hand in.
3 Priorities for the Year
- Increase Student Volunteering Output
- Increase commercial income through brand activation and Thursday Market
Grow Volunteering Awards and RAG (Raising and Giving)
3 Interesting Facts:
- In my spare time (evenings) i am the managing director of Kane FM, once my pirate radio that is now legal and has been on the air in Guildford for 15+ years.
- I am also the chair of Chair of the Board of Trustees for Voluntary Action South West Surrey (VASWS), it is a voluntary role so even I volunteer to!
- I am quite well known as a UK Garage DJ up and down the country; you can find me from Brighton to Liverpool or anywhere in between occasionally smashing our a DJ set