The University of Surrey Students’ Union is a charity with the welfare of its members being one of its core mandates. With this in mind and working inside the framework of the 2003 Licensing act, the Students’ Union has a duty of care to all of its members & customers.
In compliance with our operating schedule entry to the nightclub will only be granted to over 18’s who are in compliance with the conditions below.
Entry for University of Surrey Students
Entry is on production of a valid university of surrey campus card only. It does not include NUS/NUS Extra cards.
If you have lost your campus card please contact the Students’ Union before the event email email@example.com
Tickets for major events can be bought in advance online at www.tixtu.com. Every Monday at 8am tickets go on sale for the forthcoming weeks events. If you buy a ticket in advance, upon entry you must display a QR code within the TX.IS app.
Tickets go off sale at 8pm on the day of the event. Any remaining tickets that are not sold online will be sold on the door.
Other Universities and Colleges
Students from other Universities can attend events on production of a valid Student Card. This must be accompanied by nationally recognised ID (passport / driving licence / pass card).
Guildford College Students are allowed entry with their Guildford College card and another form of nationally recognised ID.
ACM and University of Law students are counted as associate members of the Students’ Union and are allowed entry on production of their ACM / University of Law card & another form of nationally recognised ID.
Non-students are people that are not students anywhere.
On major event nights all non-student tickets must be purchased from Tixtu before 8pm (20:00) by a Surrey student. Surrey students are able two purchase two non-student tickets each. These can be sent to your non-student friends via the TX.IS app.
- Non-student tickets are not available on the door.
- Tickets will only be available until 8pm when they go off sale.
- Non-students are required to have nationally recognised photo ID to prove who they are.
- Non-students are treated as guests of the Surrey student buying them a ticket. The Surrey student bears responsibility for the conduct/misconduct of their guests within our premises.
Surrey graduates are allowed to attend University of Surrey Students’ Union events. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours before the event.
The University of Surrey Students’ Union operates a no alcohol policy in its queues. If you are found to be drinking in the queue, alcohol will be confiscated. If customers refuse to hand over the alcohol to security staff, entry will be refused.
Please be aware that as a condition of entry you may be asked to be searched on your way into the premises or even once inside the premises. You are entitled to refuse the search if you so wish, if you refuse to allow a search to be conducted, you may not be allowed entry into the venue.
Right of Refusal
The Duty Manager reserves the right to refuse entry to any person, without giving a reason.
In accordance with the conditions of sale on your ticket “Ticket holders who are unable to use their ticket due to refusal of entrance are not eligible for a refund.”
Any inappropriate behaviour will be dealt with by the security staff and Senate Security; or the Police will be informed.
University of Surrey Students’ Union venues operate a last entry time for each event, typically midnight. You must be in the queue by the advertised time or you will not be allowed admission.
Refunds will not be given to customers who turn up after the last entry time.
Wednesdays & Fridays – Please note: You must be in the queue for the event by 12.00am or you will not be allowed entry to the event.
The venue operates a no re-admission policy. If you leave the venue for any reason you will not be allowed to re-enter the premises unless you purchase an additional ticket. Exceptions for medical/emergency reasons may be granted at the discretion of the Duty Manager.
We operate a birthday guest list on Wednesdays and Fridays. You must arrive before 11.30pm if you are on the guest list.
For all guest list enquiries please email email@example.com
University of Surrey Students’ Union has a zero tolerance policy on drug misuse.
Any person found using or dealing drugs will be detained and the police will be called.
If you have a complaint about the venue or event please speak to a member of security who will try to assist and in turn, if necessary, contact a Duty Manager immediately during the event and the issue will try to be resolved.
Complaints after an event should be sent in writing (via email) directly to the firstname.lastname@example.org
Resale of Tickets
Tickets may not be resold for more than the face value of the ticket. Any person found to be offering a ticket for sale greater than the face value of the ticket will be subject to disciplinary action and barred from the event. Equally any ticket found to be available for more than face value with be voided and not valid for entry. email@example.com
Only accept tickets transferred via the TX.IS app. QR code screenshots may not be secure or valid and entry is therefore not guaranteed.
Conditions of Entry
- Unless otherwise stated, last admission for events is midnight, no refund will be given if you arrive after the last admission time.
- The venue operates a no re-admission policy. If you leave the venue for any reason you will not be allowed to re-enter the premises unless you purchase an additional ticket.
- This ticket must not be resold for more than the face value.
- Unless otherwise stated, this is a fundraising event for the University of Surrey Students’ Union.
- For entrance to Rubix, ticket holders must have a valid University of Surrey Campus Card.
- NUS members from other institutions must have a valid NUS card as well as another form of acceptable ID, either a Passport or UK Driving License.
- Ticket holders who are unable to use their ticket due to refusal of entrance are not eligible for a refund.
- The management reserves the right of admission at all times.
- It is a condition of entry that you may be asked to be searched on entrance or once inside.
- The University of Surrey Students’ Union has a zero-tolerance policy on substance misuse. Offenders will be reported to the Police and University Security.
- The cloakroom service is provided for convenience and is NOT intended as a secure storage service.
- Any items of high value (eg. cash, mobile phones, jewellery etc) left in the cloakroom are left at your own risk.
- We shall endeavour to keep your deposited items safe, however we cannot be held liable for damage to personal belongings while in the cloakroom in the event of fire, flood or similar event.
- It is your responsibility to retain your cloakroom ticket, items shall not be returned without a ticket.
- Any items left in the cloakroom uncollected at the end of each event shall be designated LOST PROPERTY and may be collected without a ticket the following day.
- Lost property shall be retained for a minimum of 14 days, after this period it is liable to be removed and disposed of.
- Searches may be requested before leaving items in the cloakroom.
- The maximum liability for loss of item due to negligence is £40.00 and payable ONLY on suitable evidence presented.
- Cloakroom charges are per item, NOT per person.
Photography and Filming Policy
Photographers operate in Rubix during University of Surrey Students’ Union events. Use of photographs and or video include, but are not limited to, public social media, the Union website, Union publications and print. The photographs and films may be published, transmitted or broadcast in official University publications and in University publicity materials, including University and University-affiliated websites and may be circulated to the press and other broadcast media and Internet websites for publication, transmission or broadcast.
A notice of photography and filming will be displayed at the front entrance. The notice will state the following: