The Students’ Union Annual Members Meeting (AMM) 2023 took place on the 10 May at 17:00 online.
All students were invited to attend the meeting which is the Union’s version of an AGM. The purpose of the meeting is for students to approve the Union’s budget and current policies for the year to come.
We will post an update of the outcomes from this meeting in the next few weeks.
Students can submit policy to the AMM.
This is written in the following format:
- This Union notes (the facts of the situation)
- This Union believes (what you want the Union to think as a whole)
- This Union resolves (what you want the Union to do).
The deadline for students to submit policy to the AMM was the 20 April 2023
Current policy up for approval included –
- Team Surrey Diversity
- Subsidised Extenuating Circumstances Letters
- The Union’s Annual Priorities
- Policy about sustainability and RAG
You needed to attend in order to cast your vote on this policy, and take an active part in the business of the union.
Past policies that have passed include –
- Reduced use of plastic at the Union
- Cost of Living and Women’s Safety priority campaigns
- Food Co-Op
- Sustainability in the Curriculum
- Keeping Wednesday Afternoons Free
Which we’re sure you’ll agree have all had an incredible impact on the lives of students here at Surrey!
Attending entered you into a prize draw to win a £50 amazon voucher to thank you for your time, and you could also log the time as a volunteering hour on Surrey Volunteering.
Below are the papers for this year’s AMM –
If you have any questions or queries please contact the Union Chair via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
All students will receive a meeting request for the AMM via email to their student account before the event.