Anything that helps support students through their University experience! I would say there are four main parts to my role: Managing our student volunteer services (Nightline, Welfare Watch etc); Providing housing advice and academic advice and support to students, and consulting the University on any changes to their regulations; Acting as a Sexual Violence Liaison Officer for the University and supporting survivors of sexual violence; Supporting the VP Support, the Support Zone PTOs and any other student who wishes to make significant change in how the Union and/or the University continues to support their students.
I graduated from the University of Surrey in 2013 in Psychology and started working at the Union 5 years ago. I have a background in youth work, working with vulnerable adults, volunteer management and supporting survivors of sexual violence. I love this job because it allows me to combine all three passions and ensure students get the most out of their University experience!
Outside of work I love to travel, pole dance, cook and love walks along the Brighton beach.
3 Priorities for the Year
- Work with the University to continue to improve their strategy to reduce sexual violence and increase trust in the reporting process.
- Increase the awareness and provision of Nightline, Welfare Watch, Student Minds and Wellbeing Champions across the University, and ensure consistent opening times.
Improve the Union’s provision of Housing Support and Advice through our Advice service.
3 Interesting Facts:
- I was front page of the news when I was born
- I used to babysit for Fatboy Slim’s son, Woody
- I pole dance in my spare time