Each October, we ask all students to vote on the SU’s next big campaign.
‘Make Your Change’ is your opportunity to tell us how you want to make a difference and where your Union should focus its attention. We represent all students and it’s more important than ever that we all work together towards a shared goal.
Tell us the issues that matter most to you, and if your idea comes out on top, you can be part of making the change.
If you’re passionate about making Surrey better together, let us know which of these ideas you want the Students’ Union to focus on most.
We have received your ideas and shortlisted them.
This year, our shortlist is:
- Cost of Living
- Mental Wellbeing
- Employability & Entrepreneurship
- Accessible Surrey
- Inclusivity & Belonging
To learn more about each idea, head over to the voting page.
Voting on the Shortlist
Voting is now closed. We’re really grateful for your votes and we’ll let you know this year’s campaign shortly.
Last year’s campaign
Last year Women’s Safety on Campus was the winning campaign receiving 53.1% of votes. Once decided, each of the Union’s Zone Committees (Voice, Activity, Support & Community) began to work on improving women’s safety.
Here are some of the changes that have been made since becoming a priority campaign:
- Bystander Intervention training sessions held.
- ‘Ask for Angela’ scheme now in Rubix.
- Training for staff in stalking awareness (SAFFE) and Sexual Violence Liaison Officers so that we can improve the support we provide to students.
- Improving lighting and CCTV on and around campus.
- Promotion of the ‘Report & Support’ service.